This section will provide you with basics of DNA and RNA sequence analysis, including data structure and file formats, as well as common algorithms for finding similarity between strings, and analyzing real world sequencing datasets.
By the end of this week, you will get familiar with:
- Genome and sequencing data formats and file manipulation
- Exact matching algorithms
- Approximate matching algorithms
- Data structures and indexing for sequence alignment
- Global and local alignment algorithms